Re: WHY Electronic Torque Wrench (TW)

To: rickbyrnes@comcast.net, saltfever@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WHY Electronic Torque Wrench (TW)
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 22:41:27 EST
In a message dated 3/9/2006 1:33:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rickbyrnes@comcast.net writes:

> I can see this new device as a way to calibrate our other torque wrenches.
> I have been using an old dial indicator wrench to do that and fear the
> accuracy sucks but I guess it beats doing nothing.

If I'm not having a problem (that I can see or map on gaskets) why should I
worry? I like new technology to a point but I still use an analog oil pressure
guage on my dyno. Reminds me of a customer who came in with this trick new MLS
(multi layer shim) gasket and said to change out the gaskets I was using, I
said do we have a problem?  He replied no but all the "other" racers are using
them!
I'm sure this tool will end up in my box and I'll need it when I install the
heads on the VQ35 Nissan twin turbo I'm building but then again, I haven't
failed a gasket yet.
Mike