From a sports talk board...

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: From a sports talk board...
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:19:54 -0700
The next scouts visiting football practice may not be from the NFL but
from NASCAR???

1196.gif]

1196.gif]

1196.gif]
The competition for top-flight pit crew members is so fierce that
NASCAR teams are turning to new sources for talent. Teams have begun
recruiting the best athletes they can find to be on their pit crews
and for many of them, that means looking for former college football
players like Adam Mosher and Rocko Williams. ...

  ...Williams, a former linebacker at Wake Forest University, had no
idea he would wind up on the race track instead of the gridiron. "I
lived 20 minutes from Atlanta Motor Speedway and never knew it existed
until I started working here," he says.

  ..."We scout, we find out who's the best. We scout other teams," says
pit crew coach Phil Horton, an ex-pro basketball strength coach who
adds that most people can't understand how physically demanding it is
to change a 60-pound tire in the time it takes to tie your shoes. "They
think it's the same thing as when they change tires at home and it's
not even close. You have to be of superior athletic ability," Horton
says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/06
/eveningnews/main1375942.shtml?CMP=OTC-RSS
Feed&source=RSS&attr=CBSEveningNews_137594 2

  The following article says that members of the crew can earn up to
$100k annually.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0217/p11s03 -alsp.htm