Re: Welding Helmet and tools

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding Helmet and tools
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:57:53 EST
I have been a welder for 40 years and the Huntsman helmet is my choice. It
took me quite a while before I got an autodarking lens ( I didn't think they
were necessary) but after using them am pretty much sold on them. The only
problem I see with them is when working in tight quarters the sensor gets block
out
and it doesn't change to dark. A lot of time I change back to conventional
lens when I'm in a tight space. Also I thought I would pass this on. I have
tried
different tools to cut sheetmetal ( tin snips,nibblers, jig saw, air shears
that cut out a strip) and haven't been to impressed with any of them. I just
bought a cheap set of electric shears from Harbor Freight and used them
yesterday and to my surprise they did a good job, Now how long they will last
is
anybody guess.. They were on sale for $28.00.
Larry Mac