Area, as in CdA

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Area, as in CdA
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:38:06 -0800
A hearty THANX to all of you that replied. . . you are a great team!

D. Adin: I always go to Mayf's site first thing for everything technical.
However, my model is not listed there.

Glen: When Dave first mentioned imputing it to Cad I was thinking of
digitizing the car with a portable Coordinate Measuring Machine. When I
checked my wallet it yelled out NO!  What a great solution you offer. It
could be as tedious as one wants to make it but it could be fun digitizing
with a reasonable resolution.

Chris: That is an awful long trip for a coast-down-test. Suggest we wait for
Dave's software upgrade to "Gear-Split" :-)  But seriously everyone,
Doesn't a coast-down tell you the product of the CdA and all the other
variables?  It doesn't tell you just the Cd or A, no?

Mayf: That seems much too practical coming from a government Rocket
Scientist :-)    My never ending thanks for sharing all your hard work on
your site. -Elon

PS: I plan to do a coast-down.  However, I need a rough idea on how much
power to build before I hit the track.