Re: Big Displacement Cars on the Salt ~ and the SAND in

To: Want1937hd@aol.com
Subject: Re: Big Displacement Cars on the Salt ~ and the SAND in
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:51:11 -0700
When you see pictures of the Lockhart car it was tiny compared to the
reigning land speed cars of the day.  It took a long time for other
racers to catch on to the small frontal area concept.  Some of the
1930's Brit cars had the driver sitting at the front of the car in an
upright position.  That streamlining around him alone was probably a
greater frontal area than Nebulous II.  The Vesco liner opened some
eyes in the late 50's and today a small frontal area is just an
accepted fact for going fast.

Wes