Parachutes and the box they come in...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Parachutes and the box they come in...
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:08:08 EDT
My question is does one have actually have the time, even with the healthiest
reflexes and the most conservative attitude, to get such a design into
operation when the situation arises?
Then, like you said, what kind of physical abuse will ensue?
I was particularly interested in the info in the BAR-F1 sites' comment on
stability at speed. The engineer guy mentioned something about an active
"Rudder
," I believe in the Spoiler/Spillplates assembly. It might necessitate my car
being stretched to 130 in WB and getting a Tillerman .LOL
Seriously, I think everybody is reconsidering specific safety aspects on
their cars, in light of our most recent tragedy. It would be a compound tragedy
if
we didn't learn a great deal from JB's very unfortunate passing.
Bob W