John's family...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: John's family...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:08:37 -0500
I really want to share the comments the family made at the services for
John... but no matter how many times I write it down it just doesn't come out
exactly right....

There were two focal points ....  Everyone of them felt he was with his
Lord... first and foremost.   The second part really made me feel good about
them and how they will cope with the loss in the future.  All of the family
knew and understood John's passion for speed and the accomplishment of setting
records at Bonneville...  and each of them at one time or another during the
day said things to me like.... his son's comment...

"He died doing what he loved to do... " corny.. yeah... but heart felt on his
part.

I was just left with a very warm comfortable feeling that they understood why
he did what he did...  It made me feel better to know they were okay with
that... they understood the risk, even better that they supported it through
the years...

I know this isn't coming out very well.... but it made me feel really good
about them and how they really would be okay...  Just hoping it helps you to
know how that went...

Keith