[Fwd: F1 on the Salt Flats!]

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: F1 on the Salt Flats!]
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:05:33 -0600
http://www.f1i.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=612&Itemid=1

How fast can a F1 car go?
Written by Administrator
Friday, 08 July 2005

How fast can a Formula One car go? It's a question that'll be answered when
BAR plonk a Brackley based contender on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah
(US) some time in October. Team CEO Nick Fry, who said around 250mph is the
target, confirmed that the 007 will have a parachute installed at the rear,
and run very low downforce. ''It's a Lucky Strike idea,'' he told Autoweek.
''At Monza, we do approximately 220. (At Bonneville) we think it should be
able to exceed 250mph (413kmh).'' Fry said either Adam Carroll or James
Rossiter, both junior drivers, would steer the car. Bonneville is a 121
square-kilometre salt flat in north western Utah. The quickest land speed
recorded there exceeded 600 miles per hour (1000kmh).