Computer Advice Sought

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Computer Advice Sought
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:40:46 -0700
I have been surfing ebay looking for a decent laptop to use with the LRC
as both data acquisition and tuner. I find my knowledge of laptops and
their going prices woefully lacking. Is ther one or many among us who
can give me some advice regarding a good laptop and it's ought to cost
price? Here is what I need: usb port, 10/100 networking built in
(wireless would also be good), Windows 98SE, Win 2000, or Win XP Pro as
an operating system, at least 10 gb hard drive, a CD-RW, good battery, a
dc adapter so I can use it in my LRC, and of course the ac adapter for
shop use.

I keep looking but I really do not know what kind of price the above
should have. Any ideas on brand and cost?

Need to get this puppy soon to start tuning, assuming it will even run
at all....

mayf
#1542  C/BFMS, Team Beam, World's Fastest Sunbeam (wannabe)