Re: How to answer?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to answer?
From: Jim Waldron <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:20:33 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Odom" <dlodom@charter.net>
Subject: How to answer?

>Snip ........ " why do you do this"?.......

I struggled with this same issue.

Short answer: Because I want to.

Longer answer:  There is something in this that has a visceral appeal to my
core being. Given that I want to minimize pain and maximize pleasure -
puttering around in the garage pursuing an outlandish goal gives me pleasure.
I have tried cost justifying this (HA!), rationalizing this (thin at best), and
all sorts of explanations.  What it finally comes down to is that I 'want' to
do this.  The hardest part was concluding that 'I want to' is a good enough
reason.  And you know what?  It is.

Thanks,
Jim.

(engine for the prototype is in shipping!)