Car & Driver prints Hybrid LSR rebuttal

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Car & Driver prints Hybrid LSR rebuttal
From: "Tom Shannon" <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:03:55 -0700
I last posted in early Nov .,regarding Nov 2004 Car & Driver article
entitled,"Got Hybrid".Where Toyotas Hybrid Prius boasted they were the first
hybrid ever at Bville during Speedweek 2004.See article:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=8695
Shoestring budget, Father & Son hybrid racers,Kent & Brent Singleton,of Ogden,
Utah rebuttal letter was recently printed in the Feb 2005 Car & Driver Letters
Section!It reads in part:
I read with great interest your "Got Hybrid" feature in the Nov 2004 issue.I'm
writing to let you know that the first hybrid land speed racer was a Ford. I
know because I own the car. On Sept 23,2001,it ran 6 consecutive times at the
Bonneville Salt Flats-twice each in hybrid,zero emissions,and gas modes.

Its my daily driver to High School.I added solar panels(Tribrid)and wind
generators(Quadbrid). It tows the NHRA's first Elect Powered Junior Dragster
converted for experimental land speed racing.I race for education and public
awareness.I challenge any and all junior dragsters,hybrids,and alternative
fueled vehicles of any size and shape to raise the bar at Bville,and be
recognized on my International Alternative Fuels Racing Assoc site. iafra.com
Brent Singleton
Ogden, Utah

17 yr old Brent and his father Kent,would be happy to discuss alternative fuels
land speed racing with all of you. They asked me to pass this along. contact
them: Savethesaltflats@aol.com     Word is that the Toyota Prius was on display
at this weeks Detroit Auto Show. And Honda is planning on an August Speedweek
2005 Hybrid entry.
http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/brent2.html

Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah