Re: Bronx, NY Man Runs First Trials of His Two Radical

To: speedtimer@charter.net, BWANA343@aol.com, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bronx, NY Man Runs First Trials of His Two Radical
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:41:20 EST
        Hey Glen ...... Bob's got MY vote, too !!!   Not Mocking, Bob .......
Just my way of showing appreciation for anybody who is a forward-thinker
and doesn't build Cookie-Cutter cars !!!   That's why Land Speed Racing
hasn't gone the way of NASCAR and the three top classes of NHRA
drag racing ...... Very little originality or imagination in those racing
venues these days ...... different manufacturers, car numbers and color
schemes & sponsors are the main identifying factors, it would seem .......
Damn shame from what we used to see in the 50s thru early 80s !!!
Jack got it right recently when he said " It's all about the Deepest Pockets
nowadays !    SAD, but all too TRUE.
        Today's racing needs FAR less corporate interference, and a lot
more SmokeyYunicks, Clay Smiths, AJ Watsons .... and Ed Iskenderians,
Clem Tebows & Mickey Thompsons doing the designing and building.
         Congrats to you, Bob W., on doing it Your Way !
....... But I DO think our Long Island pal Tony Greco does know Story Ave
in the Bron --X when he sees it !!!   One other question : Does the prototype
car being TOW-started ( !!! ) in picture one really have Traction Control ???
         BDF over east of you, hoping we see some Real Photos of your
                          crafty cars one of these days soon !