Re: Vincent Black Lightning

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Vincent Black Lightning
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:33:30 -0700
The Black Lightning Rollie Free rode to the 150.313 record on the salt flats
in 1948 was on the salt at World of Speed a few years back.  Herb Harris,
the current owner, brought it and another Vincent (that was originally
intended to run on the salt but never made it) for a "return" visit.  That's
the subject of the bronze Jeff Decker did called "Flat Out at Bonneville"
... our top speed bike trophy is a smaller, simpler version.  It was great
to have the bikes out there.  See hippodromestudio.com for photos.  I was in
Jeff's studio a week ago with Tom Burkland admiring some other important
bikes he had there.  What a  trip, watching Jeff get waxes ready for casting
on a new project.  It is fascinating and the research he does before
starting a bronze is incredible.  Fun stuff.

Wes