Towing on a budget

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Towing on a budget
From: Jimwprice@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:46:58 EST
The main aid to towing on a low budget is an equal mix of  optimism, lots of
luck and more ignorance.  In 58 my partner Mel  Loros and I towed a Chrysler
powered 42 ford coupe,  a very heavy trailer,  four people, tools and tires to
the salt from Ontario, California with a 54  Chevy four door.  The Blue flame
six and Powerglide made it to and fro  and even got 12 mpg.  We did blow a
radiator hose on the Baker grade  but the supposed rip off artists sold us a
new
one for fifty  cents and then gave us another for free when after I gave too
short of  measurement for the replacement because I was trying to save  money.