RE: Engine Config

To: "'Freiburger, David'" <David.Freiburger@primedia.com>
Subject: RE: Engine Config
From: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:39:24 -0800
Me too, Dave.  My "guess" is, if stock intake and exhaust can bolt up,
you are UNLIMITED. I think the idea is to foster creativity (or at least
don't hamstring ones desire to go crazy with a porting tool). BTW, the
rule book does NOT mention the word STOCK!  Pg 63 says " Cylinder heads
are limited to original number of valves and port configuration".
PERIOD!! I think that is the way it should be.  There are so many
aftermarket heads available for stock bolt-ons, it is not a cost issue
anymore. And if the STOCK peripherals can bolt on you have constrained
big spending in that area. I think the book allows just the right amount
of "Freedom" without adding serious costs.  If you want more than that,
one can move up to GAS class. -Elon