Dakar rally...

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dakar rally...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:44:15 -0600
I guess there is one place that requires a commitment greater then Bonneville
and that is the Dakar rally....

Knowing how much I hate winter.... I've found this a very entertaining event
to look forward to each year... keeps me from going stir crazy from the
cold...

I've talked to Scot Harden a couple of times this year... I'd love to be a
volunteer on this rally....  don't want to race in it... to me it would be
very cool just to be a mechanic... helper... water boy....hell you pick....
I'd just love to be part of the adventure....

It comes on the Speed Channel here in a week or so... with the rally starting
on New Years day..... and runs for a couple of weeks....

Can't wait for the coverage... we have several privateers doing it this year
from the USA...  check it out at http://www.dakar.com/2005/us/index.html and
http://www.teamusadakaradventure.com/

Enjoy...
Keith