Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:58:54 -0800
And wire brushes!

I only took 2 years of welding when I was in high school, and probably
haven't welded anything else in years, but when I was welding
regularly I could do a hell of a job with good ol' 6011 rods and a
decent welder... In my intro class they started half of us on gas, and
half on stick, and after 6 weeks we switched... I started with the
gas, and I think it made a big difference, as a lot of the people that
started on arc didn't do so well with the gas welds because it took so
much longer to develop a good puddle with gas... One thing I did like
about gas is a pretty weld wasn't as important as good penetration,
because you could always go back over it and make the weld look better
as long as the penetration is there...

I think I just figured out what I'm going to do with my gremlin...
welding practice ;o)

~Jon