RE: El Mirage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: El Mirage
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:06:25 -0400
For me the order of events is
Speed Week
WOS
WFinals
Strictly on the basis of most likely to not be rained out.
I try to have a good time at all the meets and enjoy the cooler weather if
they are later in the year. I have been going sice 91 if memeory serves me
right, it was the same year Al went 409+ and set a record. Kenwood was also
there that was a hoot to watch, if memeory serves me right after a great
deal of waiting and fanfare they went about 50 feet...
El Mirage while sounding interesting is just too far to go from
Connecticut..
If i lived in S0Cal maybe the priorities would be different, but if I move I
doubt if that is the direction I would go. maybe south on the east coast but
i doubt west coast where things are just as expensive as the are here. My
wife laura is a horse person so i could picture somewhere between Deleware
and Kentucky.

As a side note i am hoping we are squared away on saturday so there is some
time to go to the Wendover air show. That ought to be worth the trip out by
itself.
Dave