Re: Susps.-ect., ect.

To: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Susps.-ect., ect.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:28:30 -0500
couple of interesting thoughts.... going to no suspension isn't an option
spark... and I guess this is where you get to see me get pig headed...  If
we have that much downforce on the nose due to the shape of the body...
we'll just change the body to decrease the downforce...

This was one of our topic's of discussion while we were still out there...
how do we start spoiling the downforce without significantly increasing the
cd or frontal area of the car... and the answer is to start taking angle of
attack out of the car...  Two ways that can happen... first a smaller tire
on the back and secondly a higher body position on the nose....

The downside is that we are going to start letting more air under the car...
again we can control that air with a diffuser or side skirts... but it's a
whole new set of problems...

Great fun and wonderful food for thought as I head out to the shop to putter
on the car... trying to get a tail section built for the hood scoop... and a
headrest fairing ...