Re: E- --EVOLUTION

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: E- --EVOLUTION
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:17:39 -0700
John,

In Biblical times it was customary for people to recline at the table.
They ate lying on their side. I assume the Romans did the same.

A few of many quotes from the bible signifying the above.

Luke 12:37
37      It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching
when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve,
will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.
(NIV)

Matt 26:6-7
6       While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the
Leper,
7       a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume,
which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
(NIV)

Matt 26:20
20      When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve.
(NIV)

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC