BUB and other things...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: BUB and other things...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:40:18 -0700
Many thanks to those who told me what BUB is. Racing for money, eh? Do they
make the same kind of speeds made during Speed Week and WOS?  Do they use
the same course? Are they timed the same way? Just rhetorical questions, so
don't flood my inbox, please. Oh and I admire anybody who has the cajones to
drve a bike at real speed.

Now about that GPS location system for use in racing. It looks like I was in
error. Many racing venues use transponders to locate the cars as they whiz
about the tracks and pretty substantial speeds. Is it GPS? I do not know. Is
it accurate? Seems to be. With a system like this, who need to see out of
the vehicle. Just drive by the way points!

mayf out in Pahrump