RE: Speaking Of Brakes

To: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speaking Of Brakes
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:19:51 -0400
How do you plan on getting 90% on the front wheels only?
If it was a 3000 lb car how would you build it with only 300 lbs on the
rear. It seems like the chassis wheels tires axle etc. would weigh more than
that.
No matter what the wheel base is if 90% is on the front wheels won't the car
have a very low polar moment and there for be inherently unstable?
Have you given any thought to the loads from the parachute in the rear and
only 10% of the weight to counteract any forces from the chute opening?
Dave