Re: Words / fenderskirts

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Words / fenderskirts
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:27:43 -0400
At 11:30 AM 6/11/04 -0700, you wrote:
>It may be a generation or two apart from "bitchin'"
>but who can forget "far out". I really hope this one
>does not make a comeback.

 "bitchin"

 first I heard that one, was back about 1958, hanging with the surfer
crowd in Hawaii. ( heck, grandkids think its neat for grandad to know
how to ride a skateboard too.. )     ;-)

 and "Fenderskirts"
    still hear that one a lot,
and low_an_behold,   neighbor has just acquired a 56 chevie ragtop
that has been sitting for years in a garage, complete with the skirts.
tires are dry rotted, top material is gone, seats are rags.
but he has gotten himself a project car to play with.
6 banger & straight shift.    he a happy guy..