RE: DIY gas tanks

To: atrav@vcmails.com
Subject: RE: DIY gas tanks
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:10:21 +0000
Hi Aron:   here's the deal; simply put, 6061 is a lot more succeptible to
cracking than the more 'bendable' 5052.  You sure don't want a cracked gas
tank do you  ???     :- )

Use 5052;  you'll enjoy yourself much more making it as well !

Have fun,   -from an 'ol Aluminum TIG welder.....

Cheers,.. & signin' off,  -it's your pal,"Dirt Track Doug"

Dog training,  Motorsickle parts, Aerial surveillance, Barbeques vaporized,
Political analyst, killer minibikes, Babes oogled, Flintlock Rifles, Match
races promoted, Bears neutered, Certified USDA Beer tester, Wheelstands
enjoyed, Hot Blues, and Slide Jobs fully appreciated for the fine art that
they are.

              ---------- oooo -----------

" When the government fears the people, it is liberty.
                            When the people fear the government, it is
tyranny."

                     ~ Thomas Paine    1737-1809

" Democracy  is  two  wolves  and  a  lamb  voting  on  what  to  have  for
lunch.
                                               Liberty  is  a  well-armed
lamb  contesting  the  vote.

                          ~ Benjamin Franklin 1759