Re: new movie you may be interested in

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, lsr list autox
Subject: Re: new movie you may be interested in
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:30:11 +1200
List,  Some background as I remember it.
Roger Donaldson is Australian and came to New Zealand and started out
photographing people at beach resorts to support himself. On his way to
ultimately becoming well known as a director he met Burt and convinced him
to return to Bonneville one more time. The trip was financed all or partly
by Aardvark films which Donaldson was involved in so a documentary could be
made of it. I remember seeing the doco several times on local TV. It was
excellent and part of the inspiration for me to give Bonneville a go also. I
later read he had written a script for a film about Bert's life with that
title. Donaldson later moved to Hollywood and I heard no more. Donaldson has
a real passion for this and if completed will surely be extremely well done.

Chris Harris....................NZed.