Race Gas

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race Gas
From: "J I Waldron" <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:14:47 -0400
While watching NASCAR on TV over the weekend, there was a short
discussion on Race Gas.  No doubt to please the Sunoco sponsor they
showed the pump and noted that the price was $0.00 - Sunoco was
donating gas for the race.  Cool, and a nice thing for Sunoco to do.
However, they also mentioned that without the donation, race gas
was over $6.00 per gallon!  This got my attention as I was thinking
more in the $2.00 to $3.00 range.

So to my question, I understand that if a sponsor supplies event gas, it
needs to be used.  Does our provider 'donate' the fuel?  If not, what can
I expect as a typical price so that I can budget accordingly?

If running in a fuel class (and using gasoline in the mix), does the gasoline
need to be the 'meet fuel'?

If there is not a 'meet fuel', who decides what is legal gasoline, where
do I get it, and how do I prove it?

Thanks,
Jim.