Re: fire safety checks

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fire safety checks
From: Dale Krumheuer <dmirror3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:54:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hello John, did you determine why the cable failed ? I had a similar situation
a couple of years ago, the cable was (unintentionally) working as a ground and
absolutely seized the cable. Took me a while to figure the cause of the
failure. Good call to check/recheck the complete system.
Dale Krumheuer

John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com> wrote:
List

We have discussed checking our fire system lines and blowing them out
periodically to insure their being able to operate.

Here's another item to check. While dissembling the Hondaliner for paint I
removed the bottle activation cables and discovered that one was frozen solid.
I mean frozen so tight that it wouldn't move even when beating the button as
hard as I could with my fist. Obviously this would have been a disaster if I
had really needed it and hadn't check prior to putting it back on the race
course.

The winter is a good time to check everything.

JB