Re: GPS

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: GPS
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:40:59 -0500
On Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at 09:08 AM, LGMCAFEE@aol.com wrote:

> We talked about using aGPS a while back to check MPH but no one had
> tried
> them out. I was wondering if they had been used and how close were
> they to the
> official speed. We have been using them in out race boats for a couple
> of years
> and they work good for us in testing.
> Larry Mac

I haven't used the GPS, but I'm pretty sure that lots of folks have --
ask John Noonan for starters, maybe Rick Yacoucci back when he was
racing on two wheels.  I'm thinking of it for this year -- a couple of
tie-wraps, push the right buttons, and off we go, watching speed the
whole way.  Pretty accurate, too...good enough for knowing if you can
shut down early and save the motor (note that I hurt two motors last
year -- maybe I should have tried the GPS in '03!)

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)