Cage question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Cage question
From: advo@cloudnet.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:39:00 -0600
We are building the roll cage for our 53'gas coupe and have looked at many cars
from the last few years with the front hoop coming straight down , parallel
with the front door jamb, behind the dash (not through it). The rulebook states
that the feet should be within the cage structure.  This would put the foot
pedals perhaps 12" or more further back in the car, and the seat would then
require movement further back as well.  Many of the cars do not seem to follow
this, and when the pedals are depressed, it puts the feet another 6" further
foreward.  Is this a rule which has "grandfathered in" the veteran cars, or am
I foregetting something.

Thanks in advance
Greg