Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO TONYA, Keith AND SCOTT!

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO TONYA, Keith AND SCOTT!
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:01:56 -0600
Thank you Bill.... but the real kudo's in my case go to Tonya.... she really
did do an outstanding job of this whole deal as our driver all year...

I'm not sure how to explain this but as a Girl and Banker she's actually a
rather timid person... and this wasn't like most guys who spend half of
their early driving experience with their foot stuffed through the
carburator....
Spinning tires and building noise is normal and exciting to us... to her it
was extremely spooky... and Very intimidating...  but she mustered the
courage every time because she really wanted to learn how to go fast...
She didn't bring the inflated ego to the dance... she was straight forward
and honestly a wonderful student of the sport.... and she wanted the total
package... not just the jump in and drive gig... she wanted to help
everywhere she could...

I'll never be able to explain to you the look in her eyes when she did
this... there wasn't any hype... just a straight forward determination to
succeed... and she did in spades....   Steering wheel comes off at 150mph
and she shruggs it off with her next pass at 200.987mph and entry into the
ECTA 200 club....

This is a damn fine driver and wonderful person who happens to be a
woman....( thank god otherwise I'd be gay )....awesome lady who is very
deserving of the title... she earned it!!!

Keith