[Fwd: Mig Welder]

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Mig Welder]
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:19:00 -0800
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Mig Welder
Date:   Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:45:33 -0600
From:   Phillip Landry <saltracer@hotmail.com>
To:     flatheads@autox.team.net, land-speed@autox.team.net

Phillip, I bought a welding jacket from them for about $33. It is good
for what I wanted. Made in China. Don't know where the cow was from.
lol       Beware of those little MIG welders. I have used them at other
guys shops when they would call me to tell me they were having a problem
welding. I have found that the arc stabilization is the biggest reason I
don't like them. If your going to just weld some arts and crafts stuff I
guess it would be OK. For building something that your going to put
your life at risk in I would not  feel good. My Millermatic is 25 years
old and  has build about 20 race cars. Would not trade it for any of
these little units I've seen. You might want to check with your welding
supply store and see who is trading up to the new inverter type machine
and will sell their old one.     Doug Odom in big ditch

Any of you guys and gals ever hear of this company?

http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/scan/fi=products/st=db/sp=results/co=1/sf=category/se=Mig%20Welders%20220%20Volt/op=eq/nu=0/bs=1/ml=15/tf=description/to=x/se=1/sf=inactive/op=ne/sf=tax_category/se=1/op=eq/va=banner_text=/va=banner_image=.html

http://www.weldingdepot.com/

they have a 180 amp 220 volt mig welder for $357 with the regulator. That
sounds cheap to me. Phil