Re: Lund Caddy of Phoenix; Ed Van Scoy help!

To: ddahlgren@snet.net, Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Lund Caddy of Phoenix; Ed Van Scoy help!
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:16:25 -0600
Just turn up the boost control.....(-:(-:
I set the wastegate at 10 psi at home 2700 ft alt and when I checked it at
Bonneville (density altitude of 6000 ft at the time), it was still at 10
psi. So if it still actuates at 10 psi why does the altitude matter? When
is 10 psi not 10 psi?
I guess we need more boost to make the total manifold pressure get back
where it was at sea level (or other density altitude when the wastegate was
set). If all that is true....the hp should be 675 and the total manifold
pressure and pressure on the head gaskets should be the same as on the
dyno.....I think......
Skip