Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:36:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2003 10:48:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Nt788@aol.com writes:
Hi Doug, It seems it was the same justification for handicapping at the
drags, where the emphasis changed from winning, to the sponsors names on the
car!
Jack
Jack,
    You lost on the reasoning behind that one, but, what the heck do I know.
I started and stopped drag racing in the 50's when the starter was a guy with
a flag in his hand and MPH clocks were gas station ringers. At that time ET
results were rare.
                                Ardun Doug King