RE: More newbie questions

To: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>, "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>,
Subject: RE: More newbie questions
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:13:32 -0500
Russ and Ray,
Gary's Monza is bright red and the exhaust used to point to the side. When
he turned it rearward, he picked up 10 MPH....when blowing to the side,
it's like more frontal area......I don't think that Gary's car ever had
turbos on it....maybe later??? The reason for the front exhaust is because
the structure of the car would be compromised if the exhaust went down at
the rear of the engine. The need to cut out structure would cause this.
Never heard of "saltsweepers" or the rationale below.....(-:(-: but then my
short term memory is getting worse and worse......now where was I?????? Oh,
now the added aero devices are removed and except for the rearward pointing
exhaust and a different rear spoiler, the car is pretty much back to where
it started. Gary's son Mike ran 213 in it last week. Straight as a string.
Skip