RE: rear suspention

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear suspention
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:59:35 -0500
Neil:
good drivers need to be protected from their own competitive spirit.  When
the "competitive fire" is high inside you (as it must have been for the
driver of "Babs") there is something inside that says "GO FOR IT"-- even if
conditions are ripe for disaster.

In those cases, the best hope for survival is a well-built vehicle.  (Like
Seth Hammond's Lakester.  Like Kenny Brack's CART racer.)

I think the SCTA construction safety rules reflect that philosophy, and are
technically pretty well on-target, for the most part.
Russ, #1226B