The point of all of this junk...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The point of all of this junk...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:20:17 -0500
Sure hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am.... This kind of
discussion is exactly what this list is for... along with the social day to
day interaction...

The gift here for those of you who have never met all these folks is that you
get to share in the knowledge that has been accumulated for many years in
several different venues of racing....   you also get the opportunity to make
some new friends on here... your first trip to the salt you will already have
folks you want to meet and spend some time with...

What amazed me the first time I got to Bonneville was how much I got to enjoy
the fruits of everyone else's efforts because I had a bit of knowledge of what
it took for each of us to finally make it to that wonderful week in August...

Okay that having been said.... if you haven't posted to the list in the past
or have had limited contact with all of us.... take a second and tell us what
your doing.... a bit about yourself... how you ended up interested in Land
speed racing.... and your other interests...what floats your boat so to
speak....   ( you will be amazed at the number of folks who say they are also
interested in OLD tractors for example )

We aren't about spelling... and this isn't like standing up before the class
or something....   just take a second and let us get to know you and your
efforts... we'd all love to share in your accomplishments or help you drink
your beer in case things don't go as smooth.... ( only COLD beer will be
accepted in the case of mourning )

Keith ( content is king... the rest of how you put it together is just fluff
)