RE: Waiting in line

To: Landspeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Waiting in line
From: Katie Young Cortez <drylakercr@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:46:58 -0700
Well, It has been a busy week around here, so I am just getting to my
comments on waiting in line...

I agree with many of the comments made:

Tone is right that the two line system, emphasis on two, is much better than
the one really, really, really long line in the past when we all ran on one
course.

Jack made me laugh in agreement with the fact that each line only moves as
fast as the slowest competitor.

Additionally, I agree with so many of you that the waiting in line is one of
the best parts of our racing because that is when the greatest bench racing
goes on. You dream about what this next run has in store as you meet and
chat with all sorts of fellow racers/characters.

Then lastly, my only complaint would have to be that it sure gets darn hot
in August when you are strapped in and waiting for the course to be cleared
just as you are the next to run. Then it does feel like forever before
you'll run. And then just as you get excited because the starter is busy
talking to the tower, you find our that someone, like me this last Speed
Week, spun! (Ok, I do hate this situation myself, therefore I am very sorry
for whom ever had to wait for me to be cleared from the long course this
past Speed Week!)

:-) Katie Young Cortez