What I did today

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What I did today
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:59:04 -0700
I was reading Dick J's missive about things taking longer as we age. Yup.
But what did I do today? Well, my left foot is almost back to normal so I
went out to the shop and fiddled with the car. One of the things I have been
fretting over was the waste gate actuators on these old Tbird T03 turbos.
Because I have mounted them in a manner far different than the original
installation, the actuators were not got to work in their original
locations. So I spent the day working on that with great success! I now have
both waste gate actuators mounted and tested: they both fully open at 10
psig which is what they are supposed to do. I will spend tomorrow building
the tubing/hose runs for the boost control signal then that little job will
be finished. I am rapidly running out of big things to do: time for me to
find that donor 5 litre mustang with an AOD tranny. Oh, I still have water
plumbing to the turbos to do, fuel plumbing, fuel pump and filter mounting
and tranny cooler installation and finshing my water injection system.
Regarding the water injection, I used a 'mister' and tried that for the
nozzle...only 15 times too little. I need to find one that can drop a couple
of pounds of water in a minute. Maybe an old carb jet?  Yeah, I got a few of
those...

mayf