RE: odd motors

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <ggl205@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: odd motors
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:35:22 -0500
Dick:
my first car was a '49 Chevy, too.  A Deluxe, fastback.  Sparky and I have
toyed with the idea of one of those rigged for landspeed-- loaded with his
ratmotor.  I think it would be a real hoot (although probably not all that
fast).

As for using an outboard in a lakester (or a streamliner)-- that idea
appealed to me, too (I'm one of those 2-stroke perverts).  And they are
relatively skinny.  So I looked them up un the Mercury website, and-- guess
what??  A production Merc outboard doesn't have nearly the power density of
a production Suzuki (or Kawi, or Yammi, or Honda) 4-stroke sportbike engine.
I still haven't figured out why (maybe it's an RPM thing-- related to the
application--??)-- but, anyway, I'm back to the bike engines.
Russ, #1226B