RE: rear steer

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <Nt788@aol.com>, <john@engr.wisc.edu>,
Subject: RE: rear steer
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:06:01 -0500
Mayf:
I'm thinking along similar lines, for bikes.

Whether lsr bike-- or car-- "rake" doesn't seem to matter a whole lot.  But
lots of "trail" should help stability, in any case.  Typically, trail is
increased by increasing rake-- which eventually unloads the front contact
patch too much.  A trailing linkage avoids this problem.  As you say-- like
a shopping cart wheel.

(BTW, I'm not talking about rws here, so don't anybody start thinking I want
to build a rws bike.  Furthest thing from my mind.  I won't even drive a
forklift very fast.)
Russ, #1226B