Home from WOS - - - Finally!

To: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>,
Subject: Home from WOS - - - Finally!
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 07:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the East Texas clan is finally home from WOS.  What a fantastic trip.  In
all my life I have never actually taken a full two weeks vacation.  I've always
nickel and dimed my vacation away a day at a time stretching holiday weekends,
etc. But for realizing my fifty year old dream of driving on the Bonneville
Salt Flats, I figured I'd take the big one!

Four thousand miles, nine national parks, five state parks, sixteen thousand
foot mountains, a thousand foot deep cavern, and aliens at Roswell, New Mexico
and we are finally home. Without a doubt though, the crown jewel of this trip
was Wendover and the Bonneville Salt Flats.  I made a couple of trips down the
salt, then sold my Camaro to Dick Spencer and his family, and I became a
spectator with an even bigger dream for the rest of the weekend.

On the way through Dallas, we stopped off to see Bill "Sparky" Smith and Miss
Linda.  Sparky was in the process of cleaning out part of his back yard and
shop, and I couldn't help but volunteer to help a little.  Now what was an
empty trailer all the way from Wendover to Dallas sits out in my front yard
neatly filled with an aluminum airplane fuel tank.  hee hee hee  Gee, wonder
what THAT could possibly be used for?  John Beckett, now you know why I was
asking somany questions about your new frame.  Sorry if I was bugging you too
much when you were busy - - - but you know how it is.

I can truly say that this has been the greatest trip I've ever taken in my
life.  Meeting people I only knew through cyber space - - seeing some of my old
friends from Maxton - - meeting people I've only ever read about in magazines
and finding out that they were all great people.  What a trip.  We are already
planning on next year's trip.

Thanks to all of you (and you know who you are) who helped me realize this
dream.  I'll see you all next year if not sooner.

Dick J in East Texas