Re: My Speedweek 2003... -grateful, very grateful

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Speedweek 2003... -grateful, very grateful
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:24:30 +0000
Thankya so much Tom...!        It was    MY    pleasure meeting you  and
your family....

Great folks    -as expected!   :-)

Now,... If I had "my druthers"  I'd be out there RACING with you each and
every time.  But ones life path is sometimes a very convoluted and
serpentine one....

BUT,....   that said, I sure do HOPE to meet you again next year!  Let's "do
it again " !

   I'm STILL cleaning salt residue from Boogie Woogie.   YET.   No kidding.
   Serious salt crud everywhere.  You see I got caught in that Thursday
afternoon 40mph wind and rainstorm which of course was mixed with salt!
Ugh its everywhere.   I am stripping the interior; door panels, rugs kick
panels  etc, etc to clean it.   It even "killed" my master electric on-off
switch, which is under the right rear of the car body!  Deader than a
doorknob!   Full of green crud.  Don't know if its even "cleanable: or not.
Guess I'll find out!

Yesterday while cleaning and repainting front-end parts, I discovered a hole
in my left front turn signal lens that is dead center and 3/16" (smaller
than a pencil!) in diameter!   Don't know when it happened but it
apparently was hit by something hard enough to punch it clean out!  And, It
also took out the signal bulb as well. And now I found it now all full of
rust as well from the hole letting in the crud!    Urg!!!

Mostly it's clean-up and preventative maintenance type stuff.  Two full days
of it so far this weekend   I did have to repair a cracked LF motor-mount
in Cheyenne Wyoming and re-thread the bolt hole to the next larger size for
it in the frame.  Otherwise BW performed like "da champ" she is!  :-)   Not
counting the "new trailer blues" of course!

This next weekend,  ( the TYRODS Old Timer's reunion over near "Bawston" )

-and the weekend following, ( the GOODGUYS East Coast Nationals in Rhinebeck
NY ) are two "important" east coast Hot Rod happenings that I want to drive
to so I've got to hurry up and get'er back in tip-top shape !

I've 8 -9 rolls of film from the salt to get developed this week too...   I'
do believe they'll be some winners in there!

All for now, god bless.

                                  Cheers,.. & signin' off,  -it's your
pal,"Dirt Track Doug"  in New Yawk