RE: Hot Rods for Speed week

To: "'John Beckett'" <saltracer@servusa.com>, "'Dick J'"
Subject: RE: Hot Rods for Speed week
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:37:05 -0500
John;

Bondo over your welds? I hope you were not serious about that. If a crack
appears, you probably won't find it under the Bondo in time to keep
something drastic from happening. As someone-- I forget who-- once said
"Don't grind or fill a weld! If it looks that bad it shouldn't be on your
race car."
Some sanctioning organizations prohibit it altogether as a matter of safety.
Murphy's Law says that if your race car is going to fall apart, it won't
happen in your driveway.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ