Sunoco fuel at Bonneville

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sunoco fuel at Bonneville
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:51:55 -0700
> and Sunoco is Illegal at Bonneville in the gas class
What's up with that????
*******************************
At Bonneville events, both SCTA-BNI & USFRA, an event gasoline is required for
use in all gas class record attempts.
The 2003 SCTA rulebook elaborates on this on pages 9 & 15. What's up is that
we support those vendors who support us.

The past several years ERC has been our fuel vendor at Bonneville and El
Mirage. Rick Gold provides several blends which will cover a majority of
engine combinations. The best part is that Rick and his staff are on site to
help with any problems or questions you may have. I believe that if you ask
around a great number of racers have found that Rick's suggestion on a
recommended blend is correct.

Many people call Rick before the event and find out what he is bringing. If
your need is something else he will be sure to include it on the truck

The process to insure that the entrant is following the gasoline procedure
properly is this:

Before a qualifying attempt you present your vehicle to the fuel truck with an
empty tank. The vendor will supply your gasoline
and seal the tank.
If the qualifying run is successful you enter the impound area and the tank
seal is inspected.
You may add fuel before the second part of the record run from a sealed
container that was handled like the tank at the fuel truck. The impound
official will then reseal the tank before the record run.
Following a successful record run you reenter the impound area to complete the
certification process. The tank seal is reinspected at that time.

Bottom line? No valid tank seal = no record.

I hope this helps in clarifying this part of the process. June and July are
the question months, something to do with a deadline or something LOL.

Dan Warner