Re: rule changes

To: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: rule changes
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:50:23 -0600
"never" huh.....i doubt it,  as the front streamlining
rule    USE  to be nothing foward of a vertical line
through the front axle,  then the production bikes
started moving the fairing noses beyond that, so NOW
the rule was changed to allow streamlining to the front edge
of the front wheel.......that made all attempts now to a different
standard than once was for over 50yrs

and rightfully so, as the inspectors didnt want new production bikes
to have an aero advantage over bikes in classes designed for
ingenuity and modifications/improvements

now we again have production bikes displaying features like rear tail height
above the OLD rule,  so likely in the near future the rule/s will change

they allowed the front of the bike to change,  now we can argue the same
points on
the rear, it goes against logic to allow aero advantages on production
bikes that
modified and altered partially streamlined bikes cant enjoy