Re: Daytona Speedweek ?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Daytona Speedweek ?
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:56:53 -0500
At 01:51 PM 2/14/03 -0700, you wrote:
>list;
>
>Those roundy round boys have done it again! I thought the only REAL
>Speedweek was on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Mid August every year. Oh
>well just blame it on KT,as he searches for Miss Daytona LOL
>
>Tom Shannon

 FWIW:  we used to have  Hawaii Speedweek , including the Hawaii
Grand Prix  back in the early 1960's.  Don't know if they still call it
that,  but I see that they are debating money for a new track complex
to replace or in addition to the Campbell Industrial park courses.

 (came close to getting my ticket punched by one of the early
Shelby Cobra's that was sliding thru the turn where I was working
flags at the old Kahuku track. Before Campbell was built
we ran like crazy to get out of the way,lost the phones, the
flags and a cooler full of beer. Cobra kept
on going, to finish the race with one tire flat,)

                   \\  ~ ~  //
                    (  @ @  )
      |        john.szalay@att.net       |
               .oooO     (   )
                 \_)           I yam whaddIyam.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, However,
A rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
            Friends, don't let friends do AOL!