Re: E-motors... and cost...

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: E-motors... and cost...
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:18:13 -0500
Typical prices..
Heads 18 degree ported used w/valve gear 5k
Block GM bowtie std deck bored honed squared lifter bores sleeved 2k
Crank  1200
Rods  1200
pistons 800
cam and lifters 600
Dry sump w/pan no tank or lines 1400
intake ported cast  750
carb   600
water pump 150
valve covers 100
rings bearings gaskets 300
cam drive 400
Ignition crank trigger msd distributor 900
headers 350
 I am sure I have missed some parts as well but here is the first 15,750 and i
suspect i am low on many parts as well.. When you are done as an E engine you
might hope for 500 hp on a very good day.. now start trying a different cam
intake carb and headers to make more power and see where you end up..

20 to 25k for a 4 liter IRL engine tuned with electronics is virtually a gift...
It just seems like a lot all at once. And yes this is a real engine that I am
taking about not a hypothetical one.. We are in the process of trying to acquire
one or two of these if we can them released.. If no one here is interested pass
it along if you know anyone that has an interest in buying one..

Dave