Re: Aero Testing

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Aero Testing
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:27:21 -0800

I realize that not everyone has data recorder systems. Many years lapsed
before I came to the point of purchasing mine. But, with my system
(RacePak) this seems to be a piece of cake. I get distance traveled and
and front wheel speed which, when  compared to the times I get is
unbelievably accurate. For instance, at the Lakes in November we
received a time of 206.792 mph in the trap @ the end of a 1.3 mile
course. The readout was...202.1 mph @ 1.21 miles, 207.0 mph @ 1.31 miles
and 209.1 mph @ 1.33 miles. Elapsed time in seconds is also registered.
I would assume that any data system is similar.

You can be sure that I will give this a test at Speedweek.

Tom, Redding - #216 D/CC