Big aero engines

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>,
Subject: Big aero engines
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:12:50 -0800 (PST)
I remember hearing the sounds of some of those big streamliners racing across
the salt on a news clip I had seen as a young boy.  Even now, my favorite sound
is the one, last piston powered hydroplane on the unlimited hydroplane circuit.
 It doesn't stand much of a chance against the turbines - - -  but the sound is
pure music!
Dick J in East Texas
 Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net> wrote:RE: One engineNeil:
even in Texas, the availability of good aircraft surplus was much better
when I was growing up, and I could barely afford gas (at < $0.25/gal) for my
'49 Chevy.

Just kidding about the Corvair and the Wasp Major. I'm really sorry,
though, that I missed the big aero-engined streamliners of the 20s, 30s &
40s.

Now, there seem to be better ways to do the job.

Russ, #1226B