Re: Aerodynamics

To: <pork.pie@t-online.de>, "answer landracing"
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:17:38 -0700
Pork Pie,
Thanks for the compliments on the car. I was not trying to degrade anyone by
saying they were ugly. Just making a poor joke.
My car is longer than I would consider ideal and 4"wider than the first car
but I wanted a "universal" car that would hold a variety of engines and be
relatively easy to work on and get in and out of for an old man. Also our
oldest son who also drives makes me look like a midget so it needed to fit
him. It will take all production V-8 and inline 6 cyl engines. So far only
small block Chevrolet's have been used but even a Hemi will fit.
By the way, I really screwed up last night when I said we had less than 700
HP.
I sent the message and then started thinking about it. I did not own the
engine so I went and got the dyno sheets today and discovered that at 2500
ft. elevation with good air density the engine put out 767 HP. Probably
about 750 at Bonneville in that hot dry air and altitude.
Sorry, I was tired and am getting old.
Howard